Palencia, with P, is the city where I come from. And I feel very proud of it! But the "palentinos", when we are abroad, we always have the same problem: "No no, it is not Valencia, it is Palencia, with P". The same conversation over and over again. But it is worthy. Then they ask me where it is, and I can talk about St. James' Way, the Christ, our romanic churches, our beautiful lakes and mountains at the north, the "lechazo", the "menestra" and the wine. A city and province big enough to find things to do, small enough to be welcoming and cosy, remarkable part of spanish history, culture and tradition; maybe not as famous and touristic as Valencia, but charming in its own way.
¡Viva Palencia!
(this post is dedicated to my special group of evangelists that proudly show their "Palencia con P" t-shirts and are bringing it to the rest of the world: Kostas, Francois, Laurynas, Ira, Rune and Olivier. And to everybody that knows Palencia!)
Saturday, 21 March 2009
Palencia and the rest of the world
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Carmen!
ReplyDeleteYes, you are right! I know Palencia is small, but we have all we need. People is very friendly, and for me, walking on its streets is one of the most peaceful experiences in the world.
God saves Palencia!!
Kisses for you!